This summer was brutal for my skin, even at my age I still suffer from adult cystic acne. My flair ups have been far and few but this summer it was non-stop. I just couldn’t completely clear up the break out and get it into submission.
I sweated more than usual this summer and with this came the breakouts. As often as I cleansed, the hair follicles clogged accumulating sebum and bacteria. I think you get the picture. I want to share with you some basic preventative steps that I have been practicing this summer and finding fast relief and results.
1) Keep your hands away from your face. Make sure you wash your hands first before touching your face or neck.
2) Do not pop pimples or try to, unless they are ready to be popped and use tissue.
3) Cleanse gently with a glycerin soap and wash with cold water.
4) Let your skin breathe. Try not using heavy makeup or powders in the summer. Touch up cover up is recommended.
5) On those extremely humid, hot days tie your hair back in a bun, ponytail or braid so it isn’t touching your face.
6) Use a natural spray-on sunscreen lightly and bring a hat if you are spending time in direct sun light.
7) Avoid heavy, animal-based moisturizers and products that contain a great deal of fat in them.
8) Keep your makeup brushes clean. If you are using a towel to pat dry your face after washing, make sure you have a clean one daily or at least every other day for usage.
9). Touch up treatments for cystic acne is different than regular acne so look into what is best for your situation. For my cystic acne I’ll do a mixture of Manuka, Tea Tree, Rosemary Verbenone, Juniper and Clary Sage essential oils and dab them on the infected area only. I’ve also heard Oregano, Clove, Lemongrass, Lavender and Frankincense essential oils can be great alternatives.
10) After removing your makeup and cleansing your face go ahead and dilute some “Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother) with some water and a cotton ball. Do a second light cleansing to your skin. You’ll have to figure out what concentration is right for your skin type. I use it full strength and do not dilute it at all but I don’t recommend this for everyone.
11) Before bedtime after you have cleansed and applied your vinegar mix go ahead and apply a vegan night cream that contains sodium hyaluronate (this is the plant-based hyaluronate acid. Use lightly and maybe kick back to three or four times a week depending on your skin needs. YASOU vegan cell renewal night cream has been a huge asset to my summer skin care regime and my cystic acne flair ups, keeping my skin hydrated, balanced and my skin barrier intact.
12) Use silk pillowcases – it makes all the difference to your skin.
I hope you find some of these steps helpful. As basic as they seem they have made a world of difference for my skin this summer. As you can see all the steps are natural, animal-free solutions. If you know of any other basic steps please email them to me at email@example.com and we’ll send you a gift.