Transitioning your skincare routine from summer to fall is a must. Why? As the weather cools our skin shedding process tends to slow down, which means drier flakier skin, which can lead to clogged pores and dull looking skin. We decided to do our research and bring you the top 5 tips to maintaining healthy skin into the fall season.
- Lather on the moisturizer and we mean on your entire body. Your hands, elbows and feet as well will need some extra attention. After taking a short, warm (not hot) shower, pat dry your skin and moisturize, we recommend a water-based moisturizer so it can absorb to the cellular levels of your skin. Tip: After moisturizing your feet go ahead and apply a fatty oil like olive oil or jojoba oil and put on a pair of light weight socks for bedtime let them soak up the goodness- you’re feet will thank you.
- Cleanse and moisturize your face in the evening before bed time. We recommend a day & night cream that promotes cell renewal, contains alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA) and/or Hyaluronic Acid. Reduce Exfoliation or exfoliate as needed. Adding an oil serum to your night cream can be a game changer.
- Don’t forget to prepp your lips! That’s right your lips take a beaten in the colder seasons so don’t forget to mositurize them as well we prefer an elixir with nourishing properties and than sealing them with a fatty oil twice a day.
- Get a professional facial every 4 to 6 weeks. It will make a difference helping you soothe and restore the moisture in your skin cells. Facials also improve the blood flow of your facial skin. Improved circulation leaves a youthful glow even in the colder season!
- Drink more water and invest in a humidifier. Hydrating from the inside out is important for transporting carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and other important nutrients and oxygen to your cells.