There are three vegan, anti-aging, botanical skin care ingredients (plant and fruit) that we know help improve wrinkles, skin hydration, elasticity and tone. That’s why we include them in our Greek-inspired, YASOU natural skin care. These ingredients also align with our mission to bring you the best, most effective ingredients for a cruelty-free and sustainable beauty regime. Here are the three power plant ingredients you want to look for.
1) Botanical Hyaluronic Acid: When looking for a hyaluronic acid product for your skin, look for a botanical hyaluronic acid. The reason for this is that much of the hyaluronic acid on the market is derived from horses and roosters, which results in an inhumane and questionable product.
Botanical hyaluronic acid is ethically derived from a plant called cassia angustifolia. It is a clean and cruelty free hyaluronic acid that protects the skin, strongly binds to water, and fills in wrinkles and fine lines. Botanical hyaluronic acid has the remarkable ability to hold and attract more than 1000 times its own weight in moisture and it does exactly this when applied to your skin. This translates into ultra-smooth, uber-plump, and seriously upgraded hydration for your skin.
2) Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA): Hydroxy Acids are some of the most widely used anti-aging skincare ingredients. We use them (plant and fruit) in both our vegan cellular day cream and vegan cell renewal night cream. These ingredients are known to have benefits in reversing the effects of photo-aging and significantly improving wrinkles, skin hydration, elasticity and tone.
Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) are naturally occurring carboxylic acids found in many foods, including glycolic acid (sugar cane), lactic acid (milk), citric acid (citrus fruits), and malic acid (apples) among others. The most commonly used alpha-hydroxy acids are glycolic and lactic acids. Of course we prefer the glycolic, citric and malic acids. AHAs act on both the epidermal and the dermal levels, traveling deeper into the dermis where they are known to effectively reverse the signs of photo-aging. In addition improvement to the quality of elastic fibers, increase in collagen density, and increase in dermal thickness to the dermis results in a significant improvement in wrinkles, skin hydration, skin elasticity and tone.
3) Hyadisine: is an eco certified, marine-based active ingredient that retains water to smooth the skin. It is one of the newest cosmetic wrinkle fillers based on hyaluronic acid or collagen. It offers a “soft” alternative to injections. It is also one of the latest weapons in anti-aging skin care.
Hyadisine is rich in the same monosaccharide (glucuronic acid) as hyaluronic acid. This means it has a high water retaining capacity so you get immediate and long-lasting moisturization and instant wrinkle reduction.
Below you’ll find some cosmetic properties for HyadisineÒ that were shown in vitro studies conducted by Lipotec, a Lubrizol Corporation that produces Hyadisine:
1) Possesses a higher and faster moisture retaining capacity than hyaluronic acid proving to retain 12.7% more water than the known moisturizing agent.
2) Protects human keratinocytes (a skin cell that produces keratin) from cold stress, increasing their viability up to 60.14%. Making it’s protecting effect higher than hyaluronic acid.
3) Offers an increase of skin hydration superior to hyaluronic acid.
4) Provides immediate moisture to the skin.
5) Presented in studies a moisturizing long-lasting effect showing an average of 37.2% of skin hydration increase 20 days after applying the cream containing this active ingredient.
6) Instantly improved wrinkle appearance showing a wrinkle reduction of 11.1% and 8.4% two and eight hours after using the cream/treatment.
You’ll find this amazing eco-certified marine-based ingredient in our vegan cell renewal night cream. Next time you are shopping for skin care don’t forget to check your product labels for these power house, anti-cruelty ingredients in your skin care products