Let’s face it, we cannot escape or hide from aging and the signs of it. Our skin is the first indicator of aging. There are normal and abnormal skin changes related to aging. Today we are going to look at the normal ones, why? I believe this discussion will help prevent abnormal skin changes by addressing the normal skin changes. Abnormal skin changes can result from medications, poor nutrition, dehydration, illnesses and excessive sun exposure.
Normal changes are visible lines, thinner skin, drier skin, the loss of elasticity and the loss of collagen in our skin. These are some of the obvious normal skin changes that we can do something about to help slow down the process or alter it so we do not start experiencing abnormal skin changes. Some basic preventative actions we can take are:
- Stop Smoking.If you are not a smoker than you are a mile ahead!
- Don’t stay in the sun for longer than 5-10 minutes! If you want to swim or do outside activities than make sure you use natural sunscreen (look for zinc oxide).
- Eat healthy and drink water. This is the time to get a physical and address any health issues you may be having or how to avoid them. Meet with a dietician. It will be worth it to help get you on track. Cut down on your meat consumption!
- Drink less alcohol, soda and sugary juices.
- Start exercising your body and your face. That’s right you need to keep your facial muscles fit as well as the rest of your body. Read our blog post Keep Your Facial Muscles Fit to help you get going.
- Care for your skin from head to toe. Use natural products to cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize your skin.
Start now. Make healthy skin a priority. The basic changes we mention above can really make a difference in how your skin ages and your overall health. Let’s get healthier, it’s never too late.
1) Light exfoliation
2) Firming & Brightening
3) Promotes Elasticity
4) Collagen production
5) Pore tightening
6) Evens skin tone
7) Acts as a primer
To learn more about our 99.4% natural unisex, vegan day cream you can visit: yasouskincare.com.
To enter the giveaway please email your full name, address, email address and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be announcing the winner on October 21, 2019. Good luck and YASOU!
(photo: Ola Orlikowska photography)