A man’s skin says a lot about his health and Father’s Day is the perfect time to introduce dad to a skin care regime. It’s important for a man to take good care of his skin if he wants to project an image of vigor and fitness.
The best tips for skincare for men are similar to those of women, although there are some differences. Men for example often need to take more care of their skin because they shave, have occupations and outdoor hobbies that can give their skin a real beating. Male skin is also thicker and likely to contain more oil. They can suffer from breakouts due to larger pores than women. We here at YASOU compiled a short list of skin care tips that we believe every man should know.
- Cleansing- this may be the most important part of smart skin care because it helps reduce the build up of oil and the chances of breakouts. A man should cleanse his skin at least twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night before bedtime.
- Before Shaving- splash warm to hot water on your face to open your pores and apply a thin layer of shaving gel before shaving. Make sure to use a sharp razor or manual blade when shaving to prevent skin damage.
- Moisturize daily- choose a face moisturizer that contains active ingredients. A good moisturizer should have a range of active ingredients for the best results. Look for “true” moisturizers that contain hyaluronic acid and glycerin which maintains the skins moisture levels. Also look for antioxidants like vitamin A, C and E which condition the skin and provide nurturing to ensure that the skin is hydrated and looks healthy.
- Sunscreen- apply it daily. Men who don’t use sunscreen increase their risk of getting sun damage, which can result in redness, irritation, extra blood vessels and skin cancer.
- Exfoliate- about three times a week will help get rid of any buildup of dirt and oil below the surface of the skin. It will also keep those larger pores clean and free from dirt. Take a look at YASOU’s new day cream.
It exfoliates and moisturizes on an inner level and contains all those great active ingredients we talk about in tip # 3.
- Eat healthy and exercise regularly- this makes it easier for the body to naturally cleanse the skin.
- Purchase a good body moisturizer,- focus on areas of the body where skin typically dries out like
e. Lower Legs
Moisturizing the lower legs is particularly important and something men don’t think about. Symptoms that can occur with aging by not moisturizing the legs are chronic dry skin or xerosis of the legs that can exacerbate eczema and cause the skin to turn a brownish woody color. So, gentlemen moisturize your lower legs!
YASOU hydrating body cream aroma free is the perfect Father’s Day Gift because this body treatment focuses on the areas we mention above and ladies you know: men need tender loving care (sometimes more than women) so keep an eye out for them. YASOU!