Here are 7 New Year Skin Care Resolutions to start the year off. Some of the resolutions may sound like no brainers but it’s always good to remind ourselves of some basic practices.
- Re-evaluate your skin care needs. Your skin constantly changes- when was the last time you updated your skin care regime? This is the time to take a look at the different parts of your regime and ask yourself what each product is bringing to the table.
- Don’t pick at your skin! Picking at blemishes makes them last longer, can result in scarring and increased break outs. Leave your blemishes along- treat them properly and/or go see a dermatologist.
- Clean house. That’s right it’s time to go through your beauty and skin products and get rid of the old and expired, throw them out. It’s time to start fresh and new with skin care and beauty products.
- Remove make-up and wash your face before bed time. Sounds like a no-brainer but a well hydrated, clean face before you go to bed will give your skin a chance to renew.
- Exfoliate every couple of days and moisturize daily. This helps keep your skin glowing, hydrated and healthy.
- Stay hydrated. Drink as much water as need during the day, your skin will thank you.
- Exercise and Sleep. Exercise to keep your blood circulating to all of your skin and body. Get eight hours of sleep, it will keep those dark circles under your eyes at bay and reduce your stress.
Happy New Year and may 2023 be filled with everything 22 was not.
(photo: tairon frenandez | pexles)